sabato 25 febbraio 2012

los angeles klub

i just stumbled accross few very good sites about the club scene in Los Angeles and the relative punk/wave bands..the line-ups of the gigs were great with punk bands togheter with new wave bands..and what now we are calling art-punk..it was nothing more than an original version of punk...but people should have been very open minded and opened to new sounds...i don't know if knowdays all the Gun Club fans will like the Nervous Gender even if they had played live togheter at the same night...or night like Germs and Johanna Went...crazy..
Also it's very important to keep in mind concerts and gigs along vinyl records..because there was some bands with a very impressive number of gigs but an insignificant record history (like the amazing Wild Kingdom)..
some clubs around LA area:

this was sat 25apr1981 at the Brave Dog , very rad night, with Speed Queens (Eva-O band), the killer synth-punk Unit 3 (mum, dad uncle and the 8year daughter Venus) plus the artpunk Stingers (spin off of Unit 3). Brave Dog was a venue in Los Angeles that last from 1980 till 1982 to became later the Theoretical project, a series of events and concerts around the l.a. clubs.
Over here the wonderful site with tons of infos about Theoretical nights.

in 1986 this gig with 54.40 ..a post-punk band from canada, with the Party Boys , an amazing l.a. tribal punk outfit and finally Soave Bolla (alice bag related). The flyer graphics is simply amazing (work of Jim Van Tyne one of the founders).
Another link that you should check is this one 

tons of gigs funny reviewed by an ex orange-county punk..nice and with a simple description you can definitively feel the concert and the atmosphere....a huge and impressive archive of gigs around los angeles could be found here on the Flipside magazine!..
also i must copy this passage taken from this great article over the L:A: Punk Rock 80s site.

''At first, the owner of the One Way's attitude about his DJs playing punk and experimental synth music was, "Our customers don't want to hear it, but we don't give a damn, we're playing it anyway." Eventually the patrons started liking what they heard and the club started to attract a more diverse, younger crowd.

The One Way is dark, there is a chain link fence that separates part of the space to the left of a bar that sits in the center of the club. The loud music is hearty mix of hardcore punk and techno/trance with lots of local bands represented, played some nights by DJ John Bryant who will take your requests.''
There's tooons of other stuff that i could write drown...like about the ON Klub, Anti-Club, Starwood ..but i'm tired and i wanna go to watch a movie

                smog marines

here for your pleasure some issues of No Mag..one of the coolest L:A: fanzines

1 commento:

  1. Hi everyone,I’m so excited my husband is back after he left me for another woman. My husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think she use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Wealthy can help get an ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it, then he did a love spell for me. 22hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he missed me so much, Oh My God! I was so happy, and today I am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and I thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Wealthy, he is so powerful and I decided to share my story here. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Wealthy for help now..Here’s his email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
    He also do the following spell
    Pregnancy spell
    Love spell
    Penis enlargement spell
    herpes
    Winning spell
    His WhatsApp +2348105150446
    Blog: wealthylovespell.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina